The British Dental Trade Association has released details on how delegates to this year’s Showcase can claim their Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
Whether you are researching a new product, comparing the services of two companies or watching a live demonstration, the learning that takes place at the exhibition plays an important part of a dental professional’s development.
And the BDTA has provided the following instructions to delegates who wish to claim their CPD hours for attending the event:
• Ensure that your badge is scanned by staff at the entrance of the exhibition hall on arrival
• Ensure your badge is scanned by a member of staff at the exit on leaving the show for the final time. This will be clearly signposted
• A certificate showing the hours spent at the show will be posted to the address given at the time of ticket registration approximately 28 days after the event
• The certificate will be accompanied with a feedback form, which will give you an opportunity to influence the way that Dental Showcase is run in the future
• Badges do not need to be scanned when leaving the halls for short periods during the day to obtain refreshments etc, but please remember that GDC guidelines state that periods spent on registration or breaks should not be included in CPD hours for an activity.
It is compulsory for all those on the GDC register to complete 250 hours of CPD over every five-year cycle, and maintain accurate records which demonstrate how this has been achieved.
The BDTA Dental Showcase takes place in halls 6 and 20 at the NEC, Birmingham, from 18-20 October 2007. You can register for your complimentary entry ticket now on the official dental showcase website www.dentalshowcase.com or call 01494 729959. Advance registration closes on 30 September 2007. On the day, registration tickets will cost £10 per person.