It has been a long time coming, but Dentistry magazine’s first educational event will be worth the wait.
Dentistry magazine is teaming up with Independent Seminars to offer a new event that will break the trend of conventional training methods.
The inaugural Dentistry Live! is the first event of its kind tailored expressly for the whole team. Rather than splitting up the sessions to provide courses for dentists and team members separately, the Dentistry Live! programme offers an approach designed to work with the team as a whole, bringing clear benefits for the entire practice.
The one-day event will take place at Birmingham’s International Convention Centre (The ICC) on 14 March 2008. The ICC is one of the premier event venues in the UK, and is an ideal location to host Dentistry Live!
The event is so geared towards involving the whole team that the cost per person can reduce dramatically as you bring more people. Some of the world’s most renowned speakers will be coming together to help your team on the path to becoming more motivated and productive, and making your practice immediately more effective.
Chris Barrow has been coaching business owners since 1980 and has a proven track record of working with prominent dentists and other professionals, helping them to create more profit in less time. His lecture at the event, Dream Team, will show you the secrets of what it takes to enrol your existing support team into an award-winning support team in your dental practice.
• Avoid and/or resolve conflicts between team members and difficult patients
• Create a remuneration structure that pays people well and with fairness
• Create a winning team that allows you to go home, rest and stop worrying.
Creating the team approach
Jennifer de St Georges is an internationally renowned dental practice management educator and has spoken at virtually every leading dental meeting in the United States, Canada and the UK. Jennifer’s presentation, Creating the Team Approach, will emphasise the impact of effective inter-team communication while developing a strong teamwork approach to management, in a cohesive manner. You will come away with a team that enjoys greater job satisfaction and higher patient retention.
Delegates will learn:
• Guidelines for running productive, non-judgmental staff meetings, which results in both decisions being made and the necessary, follow up action being taken
• How to maximise your own and each team member’s strengths while minimising their limitations. Take home practical guidelines and the do’s and don’ts of how to make this happen, so you can enjoy the amazing results
• How to effectively use performance reviews to increase staff morale and performance by using a positive win-win approach that eliminates finger pointing
• Why written job responsibilities are essential to support productive hiring, correct staffing, effective team management and performance reviews.
Jennifer was hugely well received at the World Aesthetic Congress in June and drew a lot of praise from delegates. One said: ‘She is brilliant, honest and will help me change a lot in my professional and personal life.’
Dentistry Live! will show your team how to work together to build a better practice.
To book a place at Dentistry Live!, simply call Independent Seminars on 0800 371 652, email email@example.com or visit www.independentseminars.com.
Date: 14 March 2008
Venue: The ICC, Birmingham
Verifiable CPD: 7 hours
1 person only: £250 + VAT
5 people: £1,000 + VAT (1 free person)
10 people: £2,000 + VAT (2 people free)
Whole practice (max 25 people): £3,500 + VA.