Join Nasser Barghi at the Royal College of Physicians this December as he provides you with a comprehensive understanding of ceramic restorations.
It includes porcelain veneers, crowns, inlays, onlays, zirconia restorations, lutins, resins, cements plus much more!
There is still time to book onto the one-day seminar with optional full day hands-on session
Friday 3 and Saturday 4 December 2010.
Magic man Dr Nasser Barghi
Friday 3 December: seminar
All Ceramic Restorations in 2010:Advancing from Good to Excellent
After two-and-a-half decades of extensive scientiﬁc studies, and long-term clinical
observations, the empirical features of bonded ceramic restorations and porcelain veneers have been replaced by well researched scientiﬁc ﬁndings.
New technologies and products have been developed based on these ﬁndings that enable us to provide our patients with more aesthetically pleasing and functionally lasting restorations. Revisiting the basic principles of etched porcelain bonded restorations in light of new scientiﬁc
information, new products and recent technological advances allow us to achieve what was unthinkable a decade ago.
This seminar is designed to provide participants with up-to-date comprehensive information of ceramic bonded restorations. Emphasis will be placed not only on achieving better aesthetic and function, but also on reducing undesirable failures repor ted in the literature.
Topics to be discussed
• Revisiting the concept of etched restorations in light of current scientiﬁc and clinical information
• Formulating a sound concept for etched ceramic restorations
• Achieving outstanding aesthetic results with porcelain veneers
• Selection of porcelain and luting resins
• Bonding ceramic restorations
• Laboratory communications for etched porcelain bonded restorations: the key to
• Current status of luting resins for bonding ceramic restorations
• Intra-oral repair of aesthetic restorations
• Failures of ceramic bonded restorations: untold stories
Saturday 4 December: optional
Full day hands-on session. Limited to 50 places. Book today!
Clinical Considerations of Ceramic Veneers Using Current Scientiﬁc
Information, Advanced Materials and Technology
This hands-on par ticipation course is designed to provide participants with practical and clinical information on ceramic veneers. Emphasis will be placed on minimal tooth preparation while achieving more durable and predictable restorations using new products and well tested technologies.
Topics to be discussed:
• Revisiting the concept of tooth preparation for ceramic veneers
• Bonding porcelain veneers in 2010: a step-by-step presentation on bonding
• Predictable impression and life-like provisionalisation for ceramic veneers
• Intra-oral shade modiﬁ cation
• Intra-oral repair of aesthetic restorations, a step by step presentation
• Selection of dentinal adhesives for etched porcelain bonded restoration
• Steps involved in temporisation
Hands-on features and demonstrations:
• Prepare a block of six maxillary teeth for various types of porcelain veneers
• Use various methods to modify shade
• Use opaque to mask undesirable stains
• Bond porcelain veneers to extracted teeth
• Custom shading for porcelainrestorations
• Laboratory communication
Dr Nasser Barghi D.D.S., M.A, Professor and Head of the Division of Esthetic Dentistry in
the Depar tment of Restorative Dentistry at The University of Texas Health Science Center
at San Antonio Dental School, at San Antonio, Texas.
Dr Barghi has presented more than 650 didactic and hands-on clinical courses in over 30 countries. He has authored and co-authored over 250 articles and abstracts and has completed a great deal research on the subjects of bonding new aesthetic materials and etched porcelain bonded restorations.
Dr Barghi is a member of the American academy of Aesthetic Dentistry, the American Academy of Fixed Prosthodontics and the International Association for Dental Research. He is past president of the American Equilibration Society.
7 hours verified CPD
One day seminar:
*Subscriber dentist:: £319.50+vat
**Optident Customer (15% discount!): £301.75+vat
DCP/Team member: £175+vat
Special team (1 dentist plus 2 team members): £605+vat
One day plus full day hands on:
*Subscriber dentist: £675+vat
*10% discount for subscribers to Private Dentistry, Aesthetic Dentistry Today, Implant Dentistry Today and Endodontic Practice.
**Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer.
Click here for further details or to book.