Dentistry magazine and www.dentistry.co.uk proudly invite you to enter the seventh annual Dentistry Awards.
This is the most celebrated event in the dental calendar, honouring regional and national excellence in dentistry.
All the categories have been selected to celebrate professionals who have shown an active interest in reaching – and often staying – at the top of the profession.
The Dentistry Awards have been created to recognise and reward exceptional individuals, teams and practices.
The judging panel is chaired by Amarjit Gill and the awards ceremony will be held on Friday 7 December 2012 at the stunning Athena in Leicester, a beautiful Art Deco banqueting venue in the heart of the country.
One of the most glamorous nights of the year, the evening consists of a champagne reception, three-course meal and the awards ceremony, hosted by a special guest compère, followed by music and dancing into the early hours.
There are more than 40 coveted awards in total, and everyone who takes one away can be proud that they have set a new benchmark in dental excellence.
The regional awards:
• Best Practice
• Best Young Dentist
• Best Team
• Best DCP
• Northern Ireland
• North West
• North East
• South West & Wales
• South East
The most impressive overall entry from each category will be named:
• UK Dentistry Best Practice
• UK Dentistry Best Young Dentist
• UK Dentistry Best Team
• UK Dentistry Best DCP
Best Practice – Is your practice the best in the area? What do you do to make it stand out from the rest? Let us know what your patients say by providing us with their testimonials. You may send in as much supporting evidence as you like.
Best Young Dentist – If you are a dentist aged 35 or under on 7 December 2012, then you may enter this category. If you have worked hard and produced impressive results through your career so far, why not enter? Tell us what you have achieved, describing any hurdles you have overcome.
Best Team – If your team goes that extra mile for your patients and practice, why not let everyone know? This is your chance to show off your amazing team and shout about what makes them so special. Send in testimonials, team photos and explain why they deserve the chance to excel in your region.
Best DCP – Do you have a key dental care professional (DCP) without whom your practice would crumble? Explain why they are a crucial member of your practice. You may send as much supporting material as you like, including testimonials from within the practice as well as from your patients.
The Dentistry.co.uk Website Awards
Is your website top-class? Do your patients comment on the communication and marketing offered? The Dentistry.co.uk Website Awards gives you the chance to have your website officially rewarded. The categories are:
• Best Website
• Best New Website
• Best Specialist Referral Website
If you would like to enter the website awards, visit
www.dentistry.co.uk/webawards. Each entry costs just £15 for the website awards. Entries close on Friday 7 September.
To register for these awards full details can be found online at
www.dentistry.co.uk/awards, or by calling Karen on 01923 851743. The closing date is Tuesday 31 July.
Why should you enter?
• The Dentistry Awards provide a perfect opportunity to motivate the practice and build on the desire to strive above the competition
• Receiving recognition for offering an excellent service gives great satisfaction
• Success at the awards can improve team morale, too. What better way to reward the team and show the recognition their hard work deserves and market the achievement to patients
• It’s a great way to get press coverage for the practice, even being shortlisted is a massive achievement.
• A personal statement of 250-2,000 words, outlining why you feel you deserve to win the category. This must be submitted on a USB or disk
• Send in as much supporting evidence as you wish, including photos, marketing material and press cuttings
• Include letters of reference and testimonials from patients
• Patient testimonials can include before and after photos
• Creativity and originality help applications stand out
• Ensure you include quality professional pictures of your practice – both hard copies and on disk/USB.