Dental care professionals (DCPs) are being reminded to pay their annual retention fee (ARF) to the General Dental Council (GDC) by 31 July 2012. Payment must be received on or before that date if they want to remain on the GDC’s register and eligible to work. No payments can be processed after the deadline.
All dental care professionals must be registered with the GDC to work in the UK. The ARF is £120 for dental nurses, dental technicians, dental therapists, dental hygienists, clinical dental technicians and orthodontic therapists.
Registrants can use one of the following options to pay their fee.
Option 1 – online
- The ARF Payment facility is open from 1 June-31 July 2012
- If registrants do not have an eGDC account yet, it’s not too late to set one up now. The online registration process is simple and fast.
- To create an account, visit www.eGDC-uk.org and enter the required details, including Registration number and ID verification codes, which can be found on the ARF notices.
- We will then email a temporary password to the registrant to activate the account.
Option 2 – by post
- Pay the ARF – complete the “cheque and postal order” form which was enclosed with the ARF reminder letter.
- Please be advised that we will not be able to accept any payments received after 31 July 2012
Option 3 – payment by phone
- Between 1 June and 31 July 2012. Make a payment by credit or debit card over the phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week by calling 0800 197 4610 (+44 207 000 3650 from overseas) up to and including 31 July 2012.
- Registration number and ID verification codes are required, which can be found at the top of the ARF notices, so please make sure you have this to hand. An automated system will guide registrants through the process.
Any DCPs who fail to make the payment on or before the 31 July 2012 will be removed from the GDC’s register. A list of those people will be circulated to UK Primary Care Trusts, Health Boards and indemnity providers to enable them to keep their records up to date.
Those registrants removed for non-payment will also incur further costs if they apply to restore their name to the register.
If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Advice and Information Team on 0845 222 4141 or by email [email protected]