The General Dental Council (GDC) is consulting on new statutory rules for continuing professional development (CPD). You have until 21 March 2014 to let them know your views.
CPD is a legal requirement for all registered dental professionals and those seeking to restore to the register. The GDC is proposing to change the rules that govern CPD requirements for registrants.
Among the key changes being proposed are:
• New minimum CPD hours requirements
• The introduction of high level learning outcomes that relate to ‘Standards for the Dental Team’
• Embedding planning and reflection into CPD requirements
• Emphasising the importance of good quality CPD by requiring that all CPD be verifiable
• Introducing annual CPD declarations as a requirement of on-going registration.
You can have your say here.