Dental care professionals (DCPs) are being reminded to pay their annual retention fee (ARF) to the General Dental Council (GDC) by 31 July 2014.
Payment must be received on or before that date if they want to remain on the GDC’s register and be eligible to work. No payments can be processed after the deadline.
All dental care professionals must be registered with the GDC to work in the UK. The ARF is £120 for dental nurses, dental technicians, dental therapists, dental hygienists, clinical dental technicians and orthodontic therapists.
Registrants can use one of the following options to pay their fee.
• Pay online using the eGDC online facility up to 31 July 2014
• If registrants do not have an eGDC account yet, they can set one up now. The online payment process is simple and fast
• To create an account, visit www.eGDC-uk.org and enter the required details, including registration number and ID verification code, which can be found on ARF notices.
• Pay by cheque – complete the ‘cheque and postal order’ form, which was enclosed with the ARF notices
• Please be advised that the GDC will not be able to accept any payments received after 31 July 2014.
Payment by phone
• Pay by credit or debit card over the phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week by calling 0800 197 4610 (+44 207 000 3650 from overseas) up to and including 31 July 2014
• Registration number and ID verification codes are required, which can be found at the top of the ARF notices, so please make sure you have this to hand. An automated system will guide you through the process.
Any DCPs who fail to make the payment on or before the 31 July 2014 may be removed from the GDC’s register and will not be eligible to work. A list of those people removed from the register will be circulated to UK Primary Care Trusts, Health Boards and indemnity providers to enable them to keep their records up to date.
Those registrants removed for non-payment will also incur further costs if they apply to restore their name to the register.
If you have any questions, please contact the customer advice and information team on 0845 222 4141 or by email [email protected]