To be in with a chance to win a free iPod Shuffle or two free tickets for the World Aesthetic Congress in September in London just complete one, two and three
- Read the article below
- Answer the questions
- Email answers to Julian@dentistry.co.uk and include your name and practice address.
Then you will be entered into a free prize draw to win an iPod Shuffle or two free tickets to the World Aesthetic Congress.
There was a time when a dental practice could not only survive, but flourish, simply by opening its doors and offering treatments that were more than just the standard scale and polish. But times have changed. Driven by advances in clinical technology, new communication techniques and patient demand, practitioners must now be clinically skilled, business savvy and ready to face the competition.
According to Mintel
For cosmetic practices in particular, competition is intense. According to Mintel research (Industrial Report in Dentistry, Mintel, August 2013), the UK cosmetic dental market was worth £1.8bn in 2013 and, despite the recent economic downturn, Mintel predicts that the market will grow by 21% by 2018. So the stakes are high and those practices able to build and maintain a trusted and recognised brand stand to prosper most.
When you build a brand, you’re developing long-term, sustainable, organic growth. There is no figure on the balance sheet for ‘brand’, but brand value is an asset that every business should work hard to build.
Guiding your brand in the right direction has an important influence on how your business is perceived by patients. Your brand resides in your patient’s mind as a result of all the encounters they have with you – from your name to your logo, your location to your marketing messages. Every time someone walks into your practice, is greeted at reception, visits your website, or glances at an advert, that person forms an impression that helps them make certain judgments about your practice.
So every point of interaction should be considered in terms of how it adds value to your brand; a well-designed logo, excellent clinical and non-clinical care, a loyal patient base, even a practice-branded dental plan. All these things, if well executed, create a positive brand image that will help you attract more patients and keep those you already have.
The five key factors in building a brand are:
- Consistency – every interaction with patients affects their perception of your brand, all communications must be consistent in terms of colour, positioning and tone
- Distinctiveness – concentrate on the things that make your practice different to others and then focus on these aspects when you communicate with patients
- Substance – your brand can’t just be built on an attractive logo. A successful brand has substance and needs to be lived out every day in the way you deliver clinical treatments and service to patients
- Flexibility – make sure that you use every available opportunity to promote your brand, via print, social media, web and other electronic channels
- Support – seek support to help with your brand development. Some dental suppliers are able to offer advice and guidance on various aspects of brand building, for example as well as administrative services to support practice branded dental plans, DPAS also provides a range of services and marketing support that can develop your brand and grow your practice.
Free prize draw
To be in with a chance to win the free iPod Shuffle or two free tickets for the World Aesthetic Congress in September in London just complete one, two and three
- Read the article
- Answer the questions
- Email answers to email@example.com and include your name and practice address.
You’ll then be entered into a free prize draw to win an iPod Shuffle or two tickets to the World Aesthetic Congress.
1. What was the UK cosmetic dental market worth in 2013?
2. Which of the following are the five key factors in building a brand?
3. On www.dpas.co.uk what is the main image?
a. Everything you need. Nothing you don’t
b. Because one size doesn’t fit all
c. Reasons to be cheerful