This independent mixed practice are seeking a dental nurse to work full time in their practice in Leeds.
This role is to start as soon as possible working 40 hours per week Monday-Friday.
The salary is negotiable and depends on experience - this is to be discussed in more depth at interview stage.
The post may require a variation in starting and finishing times to meet the clinical needs of practice
• Maintain high standards of work practices; adhere to practice policies in the management of all dental patients. Such as Health and Safety and C.O.S.H.H. regulations, Cross Infection, decontamination etc.
• Ensure general cleanliness of surgery and prepare same for the reception and treatment of dental patients.
• Prepare and sterilize dental instruments and hand pieces, ensure traceability where appropriate, adhering to laid down procedures.
• Check that all equipment is in working order, document as such (for example autoclave). If not ensure that remedial action is taken.
• Ensure that the patient’s dental charts are available prior to starting .Undertake duties associated with patient attendance’s including accessing computer system for appointments, recalls, letters, daybooks and statistics.
• Answer and respond to telephone queries relating to patient treatment.
• Ensure that appropriate laboratory request forms are available and assist in the completion of same e.g. patient’s name, address and dental number.
• Record patient’s dental condition and treatment as required; undertake dictation/note taking and charting.
• Whilst maintaining appropriate sterile techniques, assist at the chair side during all dental procedures by anticipating the operators` and patients` needs, by maintaining a clear field of vision, passing and transferring instruments, preparing and mixing materials and medicaments for the particular treatment being undertaken.
• Recognise and assist with dental and medical emergencies.
• Maintain and prepare equipment and materials for dental radiography. Prepare
For more information contact Rebecca and quote reference DEN-33255
Call us on 01332 609318
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
View more information at http://www.medicruit.co.uk/positiondetails.aspx?id=33255