At mydentist we continue to significantly invest in providing the best environment possible for our Dentists from our state-of-the-art training academy to modern practices with new chairs and equipment. Join our community of dental professionals and you’ll receive all the support you need to focus on providing clinical excellence. Your practice, regional and national teams will take care of all the administration and other distractions, so you can continually develop your skills and look after your NHS and private patients.
We have an Associate Dentist role available in Stranraer, Scotland and the details are:
- 50% split fee per item contract available in Stranraer, Scotland
- Modern 3 surgery practice with new equipment
- Free parking close by
- NHS patient list with good private potential
- Monday to Friday (09:00-17:30)
- Start: 02/05/2016
- Onsite dental hygienist and dental therapist
- Building is double fronted, of an older style on one level however recently upgraded during the rebrand and recently redecorated
- Located on a busy thoroughfare in the town centre centre location
- Parking to the rear of the property and public car parks nearby
- Non - digital x rays
- All nurses bar one are qualified with many years experience, trainer will be qualified by June 2016
- Practice is supported by another mydentist practice on the same street and the nurses work betweent the 2 sites to ensure adequate staffing with a good range of skills. Nurses work well together as a team and nursing staff is stable. Both practices managed by the same practice manager
- Established NHS patient list with private potential
- Practice offers practice plan run by the part time dentist, private patients run by 2 part time dentists and is also supported by a dental hygienist and a dental therapist.
- Stranraer is a medium sized coastal town / countryside town in the south west Scotland with a population of around 15,000 with very low crime rates.
- Good range of patients ages, ferrys from Stranraer go to northern ireland and the town is about 2 hours from Glasgow and 1.5 hours from Dumfries. 1 hour from Prestwick airport and 2 hours from Glasgow airport.
- A number of primary schools in the town centre with smaller classroom sizes, 1 secondary school.
- 4 dental practies in the town, 2 of which are mydentist
- Current clinicians are Polish, Romanian, Lithuanian and Gree. Hygienist and therapist both local to the town, all nurses local to the town
- Practice run by non-clinical practice manager with background in recruitment, sales and finance, and also been with the company for 1 year, running 3 practices.
- R4 system and diaries actively maintained to ensure high occupancy figures
- List size in the region of 1400
Please note this role requires the candidate to demonstrate an active List Number.
Stranraer is a town in Inch, Wigtownshire, in the west of Dumfries and Galloway, southwest Scotland. It lies on the shores of Loch Ryan, on the northern side of the isthmus joining the Rhins of Galloway to the mainland. Stranraer is Dumfries and Galloways second-largest town, with a population including the surrounding area of nearly 13,000. The A77 runs north towards Ayr, Prestwick anf Glasgow. The A75 runs east from Stranraer to Gretna, with links to the M6 going to Carlisle. The A75 is part of the European route E18 but, like all European routes it is not signposted as such in the United kingdom, Stanraer railway station is the southern terminus for one of the branch lines of the Glasgow South Western Line. Both Campbeltown Airport and Glasgow Prestwick Airport at around 45 miles are the cloest airports in Scotland to Stranraer. Belfast City Airport in Northern Ireland is 39 miles distant.
You’ll enjoy competitive rates, 50% contribution to lab fees, access to an established patient list and private practice opportunities. As part of our network of clinical professionals, you’ll also be able to share ideas and expertise with Specialists and Dentists across the UK.
Click ‘Apply for Job’ below to apply online. Alternatively, for an informal discussion regarding this role and other opportunities at mydentist, please contact Heather Cullen on 01204 797310 or [email protected]