At mydentist we continue to significantly invest in providing the best environment possible for our Dentists from our state-of-the-art training academy to modern practices with new chairs and equipment. Join our community of dental professionals and you’ll receive all the support you need to focus on providing clinical excellence. Your practice, regional and national teams will take care of all the administration and other distractions, so you can continually develop your skills and look after your NHS and private patients.
We have an Associate Dentist role available in Fleetwood, Lancashireand the details are:
- Start date: 01/04/2016
- Days and Shifts: Monday - Wednesday 8.45- 5.15 Thursday and Friday 8am -5.15
- UDA Target: 6500 UDAs
- An active performer number is essential for this role
- Sufficient patients
- Dentist currently on a mentor programme
- We have 9 fully working surgeries
- We have been rebranded, the practice has a modern feel to it, with a large waiting area
- We have a mixture of dental chairs, 5 of which are new Adec chairs
- Yes we have digital x-rays
- We currently have 1 trainee nurse who is set to qualify in March , all the other nurses are fully GDC registered nurses. One of which has extended duties in Impression taking and has run her own sessions to help the dentists with 1st stage denture imps or for mouth guards/ whitening trays. She works according to the dentists prescription. 4 of the nurses are trained in implant nursing
- The reception team at the practice have over 35 years’ experience between them and know most of the patients at the practice. Mostly the nurses have been here between 2 and 10 years each.
- It is a very settled practice, with a young team of nurses and dentists, who are all committed to great team work, being a friendly team and helpful
- We have a large database of long standing patients
- The private has potential, we have 2 dentists who are placing implants, a therapist who also sees private hygiene and we have the hygiene plan in place
- We have a 2 day a week therapist who sees patients on direct access and referred from the dentist. She does NHS referrals from the dentists. We also have a hygienist who works 1 day a week
- We are very easy to find within the town, and we are close to the tram and bus stops
- There is no parking on site, however there are also no restrictions to parking outside the practice
- Fleetwood has a large fishing industry with fresh locally caught fish on sale daily, the practice is close to the sea front, which is only about half a mile away and just along the coast line from Blackpool. The town is undergoing some upgrading with new housing developments
Please note that applicants will need to have an active Performer Number.
Fleetwood is a town within the wyre district of Lancashire , England lying at the northwest corner of the Fylde. Fleetwood is also a seaside resort serving as a quieter contrast to nearby Blackpool. Fleetwood lies at the northern end of the Blackpool tramway which is operated by Blackpool Transport. it is about 12 miles from Fleetwood to the southern terminus at Starr Gate, and about 8 miles to Talbot square, Blackpool. Bus service to Blackpool is provided by Blackpool Transport and Ribble, who also provide service to Preston and other local destinations.
You’ll enjoy competitive UDA rates, 50% contribution to lab fees, access to an established patient list and private practice opportunities. As part of our network of clinical professionals, you’ll also be able to share ideas and expertise with Specialists and Dentists across the UK.
Click ‘Apply for Job’ below to apply online. Alternatively, for an informal discussion regarding this role and other opportunities at mydentist, please contact Nicola Unsworth on 01204 799779 or firstname.lastname@example.org