Locum Dentist - Taunton, Somerset – NHS PILOT PRACTICE (no UDAs)
IDH Group is the UK’s largest dental corporate with a network of over 600 practices nationwide. We have over 7500 employees looking after 10 million patients. We believe that our growing ‘Group’ philosophy is the way forward in Dental Care - sharing standards, clinical excellence, increased employee opportunities and better training for all of our dentists
- Locum Dentist required for our Taunton CDC Practice. This practice was selected for the NHS Pilot Scheme which is trialling new ways of working. This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved with the Pilot Scheme and form part of the future of dentistry in the UK. The dentists in Taunton are targeted as follows:
- 90% is based on capitation i.e. keeping patients and patient numbers
- 10% is based on quality which is broken down in to 3 areas: 1. Maintenance and improvement of oral health 2. Delivering quality care (taken from patient feedback) 3. Safety (ensuring medical records are accurate/complete)
- Fixed day rate available
- Surgery available: Monday to Friday 8.30 to 5 and one a late night per week
- Large modern practice with bright and airy surgeries, in a central location within Taunton
- Available ASAP
To be considered for this role you will need an active performer number
The practice is situated in a 3 story Edwardian house in Taunton. There are 8 surgeries which are all of a good size, benefit from period feature windows meaning the surgeries are bright, have modern equipment and are all fully computerised. There is a large reception and waiting area on the ground floor with 3 surgeries. On the first floor there are another 3 surgeries with a further waiting area, and on the second floor there is a regional office, a meeting room and staff changing facilities. The Practice is part of the Department of Health’s Dental pilot scheme, so the role is not delivering UDA's and looks at a number of different metrics including Patient access, capitation and patient satisfaction.
Taunton is a thriving, forward-looking town where modern life sits alongside relics of its dramatic past dating back to Saxon times. The town is the retail capital of the county with all the top names in shopping, eating and drinking, as well as a wonderful mix of specialist and independent retailers. For evening entertainment the Brewhouse Theatre offers something for all tastes.
You can apply online by clicking the link. Alternatively, for an informal discussion regarding this role or other dentist vacancies, please contact Emma Jones in the Resourcing Team on 01204 799779 or [email protected] for further information.