Attractive salary plus benefits
Based in Leeds
Medical Protection Society (MPS) & Dental Protection is the leading provider of professional protection to doctors, dentists and health professionals. We are a not-for-profit mutual organisation that serves more than 300,000 members in the United Kingdom and overseas.
MPS/Dental Protection is an organisation built on excellent service and professional integrity and our exceptional team of Dental Claims Advisers (DCAs) is integral to the service we provide. Dental Claims Advisers work as part of a multidisciplinary team managing medical negligence claims on behalf of our members. As a Senior DCA, you will provide leadership, technical guidance and support to all our DCAs.
What we can offer you
- A comprehensive induction and training
- A supportive team working environment
- A broader professional experience through exposure to the whole MPS business
What we expect of you
- Full registration with the GDC
- Post-graduate experience in clinical dentistry and ideally a recognised post-graduate qualification
- An analytical and timely, but pragmatic, approach to problem solving.
- An ability to tolerate ambiguity and uncertainty
- Good time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and advocacy skills
- Good financial awareness and desire to work in a dynamic business environment
- Integrity and respect for people of all roles and backgrounds, and the ability to gain trust and respect of colleagues, and external contacts
- An approachable nature, with a track record as a team player.
- Resilience and high motivation.
- The ability to travel to MPS’ Leeds, London and Edinburgh offices as appropriate
For enquiries call 0113 229 4447 or visit our website at: www.medicalprotection.org/uk/careers
Benefits include a defined contribution pension scheme, 30 days paid holiday per annum in addition to public holidays, private medical insurance and a health care cash plan.
If you think you are right for the role, tell us why in a covering letter and email it with your full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further details please visit our website at www.medicalprotection.org/uk/careers.
The closing date for these roles is 24 August 2015.
An Assessment Centre is scheduled to take place in Leeds on 7 September 2015.
MPS is an equal opportunities employer.