The dental charity, Heart Your Smile, held a party on the Friday evening of the Dentistry Show in Birmingham this year
The fund-raising event, which generated £9,534 in charity monies, saw guests adding a 'splash of red' to their party wear with some dressed head-to-toe in red, and others with a cheeky splash of the colour on their socks, shoes, hats and lips.
Compere for the night was TV presenter Kirsten O'Brien and there were presentations made to the charity's 'ambassadors, champions and students' including Sally Simpson, Kevin Rose, Ahmad Barkhordar, Laura Horton, Krishan Joshi, Marita and Brendon MacDonald, Alexandra Day, Yvonne Wallace , Rakhee Patel, Louise Brownlow, Sarah Congreave, Ilisha Babbar and Shivana Anand.
They were recognised for their efforts in recruiting help with manning trade show stands, and developing tools to help practice teams grow in their roles and their communities.
Core costs have been funded through sponsorship, but with this funding from the profession, from April 2013, Heart your Smile will be providing practical resources directly to practice teams to:
• Support practices in engaging their local communities to improve oral health and perceptions of dentistry, and become champions too
• Facilitate mentoring of dental professionals by those who have valuable experience to share
• Help teams get involved in fundraising activities for deserving charities in their local communities, or for Heart Your Smile
Upcoming events include:
• BDA Conference and Exhibition, 25-27 April 2013 ExCel, London
• The Nine Habits,13 May 13, London
BDTA Dental Showcase, 17-19 October 2013 NEC, Birmingham
For more, visit www.HeartYourSmile.co.uk