Dental Protection renews its support for foundation trainers and scheme advisers
Twenty years ago, Dental Protection was the first UK defence/protection organisation to demonstrate support for vocational training by the introduction of reduced subscription rates for vocational trainers and advisers.
In the latest edition of Trainingmatters, Dental Protection confirms its support by reminding all those currently involved in Foundation Training how to obtain a similar reduction in the cost of their own professional indemnity.
Trainingmatters is currently being distributed directly to trainers, advisers, managers and others involved in foundation training with the assistance of the Postgraduate Deaneries.
Kevin Lewis, director of Dental Protection, said: 'Foundation training provides the best possible platform for a safe and successful career. This is Dental Protection’s way of recognising the contribution made by those who are training and guiding new graduates as they start their career.'
In Trainingmatters 11:
• Continuum – a new career resource from DPL
• Whose problem – the boundaries of responsibility between trainer and trainee
• Valid consent – a practical guide
• I told them it might fail – dealing with challenging patient requests
• The national recruitment process
• Foundation dentists in the community
• Adjusting to a new trainee in the practice
Additional copies of the publication can be obtained directly from Dental Protection. Visit www.dentalprotection.org.uk