Forewarned is forearmed
The DDU has joined forces with the Eastman to hold a thought-provoking conference in London on 28 September 2012.
Designed for the whole dental team, the one-day risk management conference is on thetheme ‘Forewarned is forearmed’, and examines clinical developments and dento-legal implications of three specialist areas: paediatric dentistry, oral surgery and oral medicine.
Dento-legal advisers and clinical experts will give practical and informative presentations on:
· Latest clinical thinking in paediatric dentistry
· Difficult areas of consent and obtaining parental authority when treating children
· Common pitfalls of dento-alveolar surgery and how to avoid them
· Role of dental professionals in oral cancer screening and how to manage patientswith potentially malignant disease
· What leads to a negligence claim, what dental professionals can do to help the DDU defend them and strategies to help avoid the stress of a claim in the firstplace.
Supported by Dentsply UK, the conference attracts six hours of verifiable CPD.
020 7905 1234