Ten top tips from the Business of Dentistry events
Have you been to one of Practice Plan’s Business of Dentistry events? If not, you are missing out on workshops presented by some of the dental industry’s top speakers who have supported hundreds of delegates to learn new skills, develop existing ones and keep up-to-date with all the latest business techniques. With a wide range of subject matters delivered by the likes of Sheila Scott and Kevin Lewis, there is an event for every member of the team.
A taster of top tips
Here are just some of the top tips that our speakers have been giving out to attendees at the events over the last year.
- Be aware of ‘connected consumers’, who trust referrals from social media rather than traditional communication channels – Brendon MacDonald, social media expert
- If you want to attract more business, you have to make your business more attractive! – Les Jones, marketer and editor of Business of Dentistry magazine
- Ensure all your contracts, policies and procedures are comprehensive and unambiguous – Ian Langford, employment law specialist
- Be genuinely interested in other people and they will become genuinely interested in you – Ashley Latter, industry consultant
- Initiate a PR strategy that underpins your practice’s values and it will build your reputation and build trust – Gemma Godman, PR expert
- Studies have shown that patients are more interested in the sterilisation of equipment, than the times of their appointments – Sheila Scott, industry consultant
- To make a treatment coordinator successful in your practice they must have their own diary – Michael Bentley, pioneering treatment coordinator
- Would you drive blindfolded? Then why make business decisions without a dashboard containing all the data and information you need? – Nigel Jones, sales director and KPI expert
- Understand that good customer service cannot just be the domain of the front desk, it needs to come from the whole team – Emma John, customer service expert
- Be the biggest fan of your website and others will follow – Krishan Joshi, dental website expert.
The next Business of Dentistry events
These tips are just snippets of what can be gleaned from one of the events. Lorraine Shelley, a dental nurse from Dental 397, went to The Perfect Patient Journey event delivered by Sheila Scott and Michael Bentley and commented: ‘This was my first Business of Dentistry event and by far the best event I’ve ever attended. We need more days like this as a team to learn and improve our skills. I can’t wait for the next one!’
With so much to gain and so little to lose, why not book your team onto the next Business of Dentistry event. Taking place nationwide, tickets are available from as little as £90.
Current events include ‘Give Your Front Desk Team the Wow Factor’ with Emma John, The Practice Management Conference in Bolton and Reading and Treatment Coordination LIVE! with Laura Horton and Michael Bentley. Keep your eyes peeled for details on forthcoming 2014 events such as ‘Ringing the Changes’ with Richard Collard and marketing advice from Les Jones.
To book tickets or for more information on dates and venues of any of these events, please visit www.practiceplan.co.uk/events or call 01691 684135.