Colin Campbell, director of The Campbell Academy, explains some of the key questions you should ask yourself before booking onto any implant course.
- Is there a practical element to the course, which will allow you to imbed your skills?
- Who are the faculty that teach on the course and what experience do they have in implant dentistry?
- Is it a multi-system course or a single-system course? Which are you looking for and which do you think would be best to suit your needs?
- Does it teach straightforward implant dentistry or more of a complex level and are you capable of this at this stage?
- Does it involve treatment on actual patients, which is mentored and safely guided?
- Is it research based or practical based?
- Does it explore the evidence of implant dentistry and teach procedures that are for competent individuals and not exceptional individuals?
- Does it look like fun?
- Is there interaction between any modules or are you left in the dark? Do you have the ability to enter into online discussion with other members of the group?
- Is it centred around mentoring and practical knowledge or is it centred around academic knowledge?
To find out more about The Campbell Academy’s Year Implant Course please click here.