For up to 42% of the UK’s population, summer very often means increased tooth pain, according to a Millward Brown tracking study (2016).
Do your patients’ summer preparation regimes include protection against teeth sensitivity?
Your patients plan their summer activities and holidays well in advance in order to obtain the maximum enjoyment of the best times that summer has to offer. They stock up on sunscreen, sun hats and ice cream for the freezer! But do they prepare their teeth against the painful effects of summer too?
Sunburn can easily be prevented by applying high factor sunscreen before sun exposure, but what about tooth sensitivity?
Rather than being able to relax and enjoy the all too brief spell of good weather and summer treats, patients who suffer with dentine hypersensitivity (DHS) have to stop and decide if sharing a refreshing drink with friends is worth all the sensitive tooth pain. They could end up avoiding summer treats such as ice cream and cold drinks for fear of sensitive tooth pain, but they needn’t have to.
The solution for sensitive teeth
Colgate Sensitive Pro-Relief (CSPR) toothpaste with Pro-Argin Technology offers clinically proven instant* – and long lasting – relief from DHS (Nathoo et al 2009; Docimo et al 2009)
It also has the recommended fluoride level for caries prevention (1450ppm F) (Public Health England 2014) and it tastes great (Ipsos 2016).
Packs a punch
- Blocks the pathway to pain instantly* – 60.5% reduction in sensitivity from the first use (Nathoo et al 2009)*
- Delivers long-lasting pain relief – 80.5% reduction in sensitivity after 8 weeks (Docimo et al 2009) **
- Provides superior dentine tubule occlusion: 91% occlusion versus 67% with a stannous fluoride/sodium fluoride technology (Hines et al 2018).
Preparing teeth for the summer season
- Colgate Sensitive Pro-Relief toothpaste is clinically proven to work in seconds (Petrou et al 2009)
- It locks in calcium and phosphate, occluding exposed dentine tubules. This prevents external stimuli from reaching dentine tubule fluid and causing pain (Petrou et al 2009; Cummins 2009)
- It forms a calcium-rich layer on the tooth and in the dentine tubules. This is resistant to acids found in food and drink.
Instant and long-lasting sensitivity pain relief starts with your recommendation
Encourage your patients to start using Colgate Sensitive Pro-Relief toothpaste now in preparation for the summer season! Brushing twice a day with Colgate Sensitive Pro-Relief, even when symptoms dissipate, will provide them with long-lasting protection against the sensitivity triggers that summer brings.
* When toothpaste is applied directly to each sensitive tooth for one minute
** Compared to baseline
Cummins D (2009). J Clin Dent 2009; 20(1): 1-9
Docimo R, et al (2009). J Clin Dent 20(Spec Iss): 17-22
Hines D, et al (2018). Accepted poster, July 2018 IADR
Ipsos (2016). UK Patient Experience Programme
Nathoo S, et al (2009). J Clin Dent 20(Spec Iss): 123–130
Petrou I et al (2009). J Clin Dent 20(1): 23-31
Public Health England (2014). Recommended fluoride level (1350-1500ppm) for caries prevention in ‘Delivering better oral health. An evidence-based toolkit for prevention’. 3rd edition