Award-winning dental laboratory Ambridge Ceramics is the only UK lab to offer the new Smart Guide System (SGS) – a process for creating digitally printed implant surgery guides.
What is the Smart Guide System (SGS)?
The (SGS) consists of a digitally planned and designed, 3D printed, implant surgical guide complete with a CAD/CAM, PMMA multilayer shaded, screw-retained provisional crown or healing abutment.
Why use the Smart Guide System?
The SGS can save you time by reducing the appointments needed when restoring with implants, as you can place a provisional on the day of surgery. Using SGS will help condition the soft tissue around the implant site into an ideal gingival shape for the definitive restoration.
How does it work?
- You send the patient for a CT scan, STL or impression
- Send the information into Ambridge Ceramics. Call us and we will collect
- We will design both the surgical guide and the screw-retained restoration
- You check and adjust the design on Blue Sky Plan (we’ll show you how)
- Five days later you have a guide and restoration and/or healing abutment to fit on the day of surgery.
Blue Sky Plan is treatment planning software for computer-guided surgery, developed and distributed by Blue Sky Bio. Ambridge Ceramics is the only UK authorised laboratory for the production of guides through Blue Sky Plan.