In a research study, HVE removed 90% more aerosols during ultrasonic scaling compared to a low-volume saliva ejector.
Providing visibility and suction all in one hand:
- Increases efficiency in practice
- Two instruments in use over three, providing better patient comfort
- Better visibility provided
- Fog-free mirror with continuous suction of fluids and debris
- Greater fluid and aerosols reduction
- Provides high volume evacuation of aerosols, splatter, fluids and debris
- 90% more aerosols during ultrasonic scaling compared to a low-volume saliva ejector
- 135% more fluid reduction than a low-volume saliva ejector
- Reduced noise
- 14% less noise than a standard HVE tip
- 5% less noise than a low-volume saliva ejector.
Jacks MJ (2002) A laboratory comparison of evacuation devices on aerosol reduction. J Dent Hyg 76: 202-6.