See how new Colgate Total actively fights bacteria
New Colgate Total with dual-zinc and arginine is formulated for optimised delivery, penetration and retention of zinc in the biofilm (Manus et al, 2018).
It works in two ways:
- Weakens to kill bacteria in plaque biofilms and saliva by binding to them and interfering with their metabolism of nutrients, which is vital for survival and growth
- Fortifies the soft tissue’s natural defence by building a protective barrier on the whole mouth. This helps shield soft and hard tissue against bacterial attachment and regrowth, preventing bacterial reservoirs from forming.
New Colgate Total helped patients achieve superior reductions in bacteria 12 hours after brushing (Prasad et al, 2018).*
By brushing with new Colgate Total twice daily, your patients can actively fight bacteria on 100% of mouth surfaces (teeth, tongue, cheeks and gums) for whole mouth health (Prasad et al, 2018).*
New Colgate Total has been reinvented to deliver comprehensive benefits for the whole mouth:
- Prevents tooth decay/cavities and helps repair weakened enamel (Wong et al, 2011)
- Superior plaque reduction (Delgado et al, 2018)†
- Superior reduction of gingivitis and gum bleeding (Delgado et al, 2018)†
- Fights bacteria to keep breath fresh (Hu et al, 2018)
- Superior reduction of sensitivity (Seriwatanachai 2016 – Colgate data on file)†
- Superior reduction of tartar (Seriwatanachai 2016 – Colgate data on file)†
- Reduces stains and stain intensity (Delgado 2017 – Colgate data on file)†
- Protects against erosive damage (Manus 2017 – Colgate data on file).
Advise your patients about new Colgate Total with dual-zinc and arginine – for better oral health outcomes.
Discover more about the new Colgate Total formula at colgateprofessional.co.uk.
*statistically significant greater reduction of cultivable bacteria on teeth, tongue, cheeks, and gums with Colgate Total versus non-antibacterial fluoride toothpaste at four weeks, 12 hours after brushing.
†versus ordinary non-antibacterial fluoride toothpaste – in vitro data.
Delgado E, Garcia-Godoy F, Montero-Aguilar M, Mateo LR and Ryan M (2018) A Clinical Investigation of a Dual Zinc plus Arginine Dentifrice in Reducing Established Dental Plaque and Gingivitis Over a Six-Month Period of Product Use. J Clin Dent 29 (Spec Iss A): A33-40
Hu D, Zhang X, Zhong Y, Mateo LR, Dibart S and Delgado E (2018) A Clinical Investigation of the Efficacy of a Dual Zinc plus Arginine Dentifrice for Controlling Oral Malodor. J Clin Dent 29 (Spec Iss A): A41-45
Manus LM, Daep CA, Begum-Gafur R, Makwana E, Won B, Yang Y, Huang XY, Maloney V, Trivedi HM, Wu D and Masters JG (2018) Enhanced In Vitro Zinc Bioavailability through Rational Design of a Dual Zinc plus Arginine Dentifrice. J Clin Dent 29 (Spec Iss A): A10-19
Prasad KV, Therathil SG, Agnihotri A, Sreenivasan PK, Mateo LR and Cummins D (2018) The Effects of Two New Dual Zinc plus Arginine Dentifrices in Reducing Oral Bacteria in Multiple Locations in the Mouth: 12-Hour Whole Mouth Antibacterial Protection for Whole Mouth Health. J Clin Dent 29 (Spec Iss A): A25-32
Wong MC, Clarkson J, Glenny AM, Lo EC, Marinho VC, Tsang BW, Walsh T and Worthington HV (2011) Cochrane reviews on the benefits/risks of fluoride toothpastes. J Dent Res 90 (5): 573-9