Thanks to the 347 dentists and 483 patients who took part in the New Colgate Total Experience Programme for sharing their feedback after using New Colgate Total toothpaste twice daily for four weeks (Colgate data on file).
Yours and your patients’ feedback has been collated and can now be shared, providing you with the confidence to use and recommend a product that is supported by the dental community and patients across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
UK consumers are proactively seeking products to improve their health, with three out of four patients who took part claiming that it is important to receive a recommendation for an everyday toothpaste from their dentist (Colgate data on file).
This megatrend of being more actively involved in their overall health, personal care routine and staying fit also includes expecting more from their healthcare providers in understanding what is best for their whole mouth health (www.gfk.com, 2015).
The results of the New Colgate Total Experience Programme are compelling with:
- Nine out of 10 dentists saying New Colgate Total best meets their needs for an everyday prevention toothpaste (Colgate data on file)
- 89% of dentists likely to recommend New Colgate Total toothpaste (Colgate data on file)
- 94% of dentists believing anti-bacterial protection of teeth, tongue, cheeks and gums is important when using an everyday prevention toothpaste.
Seventy five per cent of respondents said New Colgate Total provides them with a positive brushing experience, and when comparing with their previously used everyday toothpaste they commented:
- ‘Fresher taste, teeth feel cleaner, gums are healthier’
- ‘It gives a better cleaning feel and my mouth stays fresher for longer’
- ‘Prefer the taste and whole mouth feels cleaner’ (Colgate data on file)
New Colgate Total – the next generation of prevention is here!
With an ordinary fluoride toothpaste* only protecting 20% of the mouth surfaces (teeth), what of the remaining 80% – the soft tissues, tongue, cheeks and gums?
New Colgate Total with its next generation technology proactively works with the biology and chemistry of the mouth to protect 100% of mouth surfaces for 12 hours after brushing (Prasad et al, 2018)**.
New Colgate Total with dual-zinc plus arginine delivers comprehensive benefits for the whole mouth (Prasad et al, 2018)**:
- Reduces plaque
- Helps prevent gum problems
- Prevents tartar
- Cares for sensitive teeth
- Removes stains
- Freshens breath
- Fights cavities
- Protects enamel.
Support your patients’ need to proactively look after their mouth by recommending New Colgate Total as their everyday toothpaste for whole mouth health.
Prasad KV, Therathil SG, Agnihotri A, Sreenivasan PK, Mateo LR and Cummins D (2018) The Effects of Two New Dual Zinc plus Arginine Dentifrices in Reducing Oral Bacteria in Multiple Locations in the Mouth: 12-Hour Whole Mouth Antibacterial Protection for Whole Mouth Health. J Clin Dent 29(Spec No A): A25-32
www.gfk.com (2015) retrieved 29/07/19
* Defined as non-antibacterial toothpaste.
** Statistically significant greater reduction of cultivable bacteria on teeth, tongue, cheeks, and gums with Colgate Total versus non-antibacterial fluoride toothpaste at four weeks, 12 hours after brushing.