Competition heats up for Mydentist’s Excellence Awards
Following more than 4,500 nominations from patients and peers, Mydentist has announced its shortlisted superstars ahead of its Excellence Awards 2019.
Aimed at celebrating and rewarding the very best clinicians, nurses and practice support teams who go the extra mile for the four million patients Mydentist treats every year, the Excellence Awards and Gala Dinner will take place during its annual two-day Clinical Conference on 11 and 12 October at the ACC, Liverpool.
This year, for the first time, the conference is open to non-Mydentist clinicians. The first day will consist of key note lectures from the Mydentist team as well as key figures from the industry and, on day two, clinicians will be able to earn six hours of free CPD, choosing from more than 50 sessions.
Mydentist Excellence Awards 2019 shortlisted nominees
Dentist of the Year
- Katalin Sugar – Mydentist Peel St, Barnsley, Advanced Oral Health Centre
- Carlos Werner – Berwick Dental Centre
- Neil Simkin – Mydentist New Rd, Newtown, Advanced Oral Health Centre
- Syed Aurangzeb – Mydentist, The Boulevard, Tunstall.
Young Dentist of the Year
- Aran Maxwell-Cox – Mydentist Front St, Consett
- Emily Coombes – Mydentist Stanhope Rd, Deal
- Salma Ainine – Mydentist Oliver’s House, Sunderland, Advanced Oral Health Centre
- Myles Povey – Mydentist Dunraven St, Tonypandy.
Orthodontist of the Year
- Damian Bourke – The Orthodontic Centre, Doncaster
- Andras Iffiu – Myorthodontist East St, St Ives
- Jerison Issac – Mydentist Queen St, Louth
- Tomos Crandon – The Orthodontic Centre, Sketty Rd, Swansea.
Orthodontic Therapist of the Year
- Katrina McClay – Mydentist, Spencer Rd, Orthodontic Centre
- Sally Chapman – Myorthodontist, The Crescent, Plymouth
- Sara Calder – The Orthodontic Centre, Doncaster.
Hygienist or Therapist of the Year
- Anita Harris – Mydentist Edgeware Rd, Westminster
- Julie Simpkins – Mydentist Eastgate St, Gloucester, Advanced Oral Health Centre
- Christine Warburton – Mydentist New Rd, Newtown, Advanced Oral Health Centre
- Kath Foster – Mydentist Norwood, Beverley.
Dental Nurse of the Year
- Lisa Boyes – Myorthodontist, Low Row, Leeds
- Loren Stokes – Mydentist Claremont Bank, Shrewsbury
- Christina Cohai – Mydentist South Lawn Terrace, Exeter
- Emma Clithero – Mydentist Burley Rd, Oakham.
Practice Team Member of the Year
- Harriet Gregory – Mydentist, Arthur Rd, Christchurch
- Rhian Slaymaker – Mydentist New Rd, Newtown, Advanced Oral Health Centre
- Clare Henderson – Mydentist, Hereson Rd, Ramsgate
- Ingrid Perry – Mydentist Holderness Rd, Hull.
Nyree Whitley, group clinical director for Mydentist adds: ‘This year marks our fifth Clinical Conference and it’s shaping up to be our biggest yet including the chance for non-Mydentist clinicians to join us and discuss the future of dentistry.
‘We’ve had an unprecedented number of award nominations from our patients and colleagues and it’s been exceptionally tough narrowing it down to this shortlist.
‘I wish every nominee the very best of luck.’