The Orthodontic National Group (ONG) has announced the date for its Spring study day next year.
The event will take place on Saturday 28 March at the British Orthodontic Society, 12 Bridewell Place, London EC4V 6AP from 9am to 4pm.
Furthermore, the price is £50 for ONG members and £70 for Non ONG members. This also includes lunch and all refreshments.
In addition, the course is eligible for five hours of enhanced CPD.
Topics and speakers include:
- DIY orthodontics – Parmjit Singh
- Battle your biofilm – Laura Edgar
- GDC updates for DCPs – Jessica Rothnie
- Assessment of facial symmetry – Suhaym Mubeen
- Keep calm and carry on – Leonie Seagar
- …from consent to retention and beyond – Rakhee Talati
- A virtual clinic for retention – Madeline Storey
- Brijesh Patel – title to come
For further information visit the Facebook page or click here to book your place.
ONG aims and objectives
The ONG aims to act on behalf of all orthodontic dental nurses and therapists to advance high standards by developing and expanding their roles as ‘dental care professionals’.
Furthermore, the organisation aims to develop the orthodontic dental nurses and therapist roles within the specialist group.
It also wishes to:
- Provide continuing professional education with at least bi-annual study days
- Keep the membership informed by means of newsletters and the website
- Recommend to the GDC changes needed in legislation
- Liaise with relevant professional bodies to promote the status of orthodontic dental nurses and therapists
- Manage the group’s finances to achieve its objectives
- And in addition, plan for the future.
For this purpose the ONG was founded in 1994 and became an affiliated organisation of the British Orthodontic Society in 1997.
Visit the ONG website for more information.