Dentistry Online podcast with Ben Atkins
Ben Atkins opens up about treating vulnerable patients, the impact of the pandemic and the future of NHS dentistry.
In this week’s episode we chat to Ben Atkins, the current president of the Oral Health Foundation.
We discuss his time as an NHS dentist and why he thinks more needs to be done to guarantee access to dentistry for vulnerable groups such as the homeless.
We also talk about his tips for maintaining a healthy work-life balance and what he sees as the key challenges for NHS dentistry going forward.
Ben is also on the editorial board of FMC’s brand new magazine, Clinical Dentistry.
To subscribe to Clinical Dentistry magazine, visit www.fmc.co.uk/shop/clinical-dentistry.
- Lockdown and the pandemic
- Treating vulnerable groups
- Mental health and maintaining a work-life balance
- Key challenges for dentistry
- Prevalence of mouth cancers
- Beekeeping and interests outside of dentistry.