Mydentist reveals Excellence Award winners 2020
Mydentist, the UK’s largest network of dental practices, has revealed the 13 winners of its annual Excellence Awards for 2020.
The awards recognise outstanding individuals and teams whose commitment to patient care and professional development continues to raise standards at Mydentist and across the sector.
This year there were more than 1,300 colleague nominations. The highest number in the history of the awards. This demonstrates the extraordinary care teams have continued to deliver throughout the pandemic.
Practices adapted quickly to a new way of working. They saw more than 1.5 million patients during lockdown, while supporting local communities by delivering prescriptions to those in isolation, calling elderly and vulnerable patients, donating food and toothpaste to food banks, and raising thousands to support colleagues in the NHS.
Excellence Award winners this year include Savina Yordanova, who won the award for Dentist of the Year. Amit Patel who won the Best Young Dentist Award. And Bernard Moroney who won the CEO’s award for outstanding achievement for his efforts in training new clinicians joining the company, via the Mydentist Academy.
The awards were presented during a virtual ceremony on 26 November.
Nyree Whitley, group clinical director for Mydentist, said: ‘I’m incredibly proud of how our teams have risen to the challenges presented throughout 2020.
‘Our winners are all individuals and teams who have delivered exceptional patient care in challenging circumstances. We couldn’t be more proud of their achievements.’
The 2020 Excellence Award winners
- Dentist of the Year – Savina Yordanova, Isle of Wight
- Young Dentist of the Year – Amit Patel, Bognor Regis
- Orthodontist of the Year – Kris Llewellyn, Malvern
- Practice Team of the Year – Mydentist Oakham
- Hygienist or Therapist of the Year – Amber Belgrave, Bradford
Orthodontic Therapist of the Year – Marie Baxter, Bexleyheath
- Practice Manager of the Year – Stacey Cartawick, Andover
- Receptionist of the Year – Erin McBride, Dinnington
- Dental Nurse of the Year – Donna Orbell, St Ives
- Support Team Member of the Year – Katie Hesford, senior project manager
- Student Dental Nurse of the Year – Carina Liquito dos Reis Marques, Reading
- Field Team Member of the Year – Danielle Chappell, clinical support manager
- Best Community Initiative – Keshan-Jasmin Uppell, Kidlington
- Chief Executive’s Award for Outstanding Achievement – Bernard Moroney, Mydentist Academy.
Follow Dentistry.co.uk on Instagram to keep up with all the latest dental news and trends.