This online course provides the training required to refer patients for CBCT, following the HPA-CRCE-010 guidelines and BSDMFR core curriculum for dentists and dental care professionals.
This certificate is suitable for your training records under IR(ME)R 17.
- To understand the nature and properties of X-rays
- To understand the interaction of X-rays with matter
- To understand radiation protection in relation to CBCT scanning
- To understand CBCT image acquisition
- To understand the justification for CBCT
- To understand the radiological anatomy of the teeth and jaws relevant to CBCT.
£150* registered CT Dent practitioner
£210 non-registered practitioner
* Discounted rate only available for practitioners who have referred a minimum of one patient to CT Dent in the last 12 months.
Dr Jimmy Makdissi
Dr Jimmy Makdissi, better known as Jimmy, joined Queen Mary School of Medicine and Dentistry in 2004 as a clinical senior lecturer and honorary consultant in dental and maxillofacial radiology.
He directs the dental and maxillofacial radiology programme of the undergraduate BDS curriculum.
He completed his specialist training at Guys Hospital and obtained his diploma of dental radiology from the Royal College of Radiologists.
He served on the Education Committee of the International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology.
He also served as the dental tutor for the London Deanery at Barts Health, the faculty tutor at the Royal College of surgeons and as president of the Metropolitan Branch of the British Dental Association.