Dental Officer to start as soon as possible. This is a Hospital based role.
Main base will be Barnstaple but there will be an expectation to work in a satellite clinic as required. Satellite clinics located in Crediton, Tiverton, Okehampton, Exmouth, and Honiton.
The role is to work 3 days per week – 22.5 hours
The following list reflects typical duties the post holder would be expected to undertake.
1. Full range of treatment for adults and children whose special needs have prevented them from accessing dental care through the General Dental Service.
2. Urgent dental care for patients who have been unable to access treatment with a general dental practitioner.
3. Full range of treatment for patients where pressure on the service permits
4. Dental screening of school children and other groups as required by the service
5. Epidemiological surveys
6. The provision of professional advice and support to other health workers
7.Treatment carried out under General Anaesthetic in a hospital day unit, or sedation at an Access Centre (subject to appropriate experience and/or additional training and support).
8. Liaison with other dental care providers including within the GDS and Hospital services
9. Administration associated with these duties including completion of appropriate NHS forms
10. Involvement in Oral Health Promotion activities
11. Management of dental therapists/hygienists if required
12. Domiciliary care
13. Many involve provision of urgent dental care for prisoners at a surgery within a local prison.
14. Opportunity to participate in the Out of Hours Service (on a voluntary basis).
1. Provision of services on more than one site as dictated by service requirements
2. Take part in personal development and performance reviews
3. Take part in clinical audit, peer review and any other clinical governance requirements
4. Undertake appropriate Continuing Professional Development relevant to the requirements of the service
5. This post involves working with children and vulnerable adults, and will require a Criminal Record Board check.
6. Maintain a safe working environment complying with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act, and the policies of the Northern Devon NHS HealthCare Trust.
1. Full GDC registration
2. Performer Number
3.Driving License with access to a vehicle
4. Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
5. Ability to lead and work as a member of a team
6.Basic computer literacy and willingness to learn practice software
7. Completion of vocational training
8. Commitment to Continuing Professional Development
9. Understanding of clinical audit, and clinical governance
10. Excellent time keeping and punctuality
11. Ability to work under pressure
12. Flexibility to work on different sites as required
13. Ability to maintain good working relationships with colleagues
14. Willingness to participate in out of hours cover
Salary scale: Band A
£38,861 – £60,450 per annum F/T (including performance based increments), pro rata for part time.
Car parking on site
For more information contact Jade and quote reference DEN-45817
Call us on 01332 609318
Email us at [email protected]
View more information at http://www.medicruit.co.uk/dental-position-information/45817