This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and proactive generalist HR professional, who is ready to support senior colleagues to grow and develop into a more strategic way of working. We’ve just implemented a new leadership structure; coaching and mentoring will be a key facet of this role, so this is a great time for you to join and make an immediate and sustained impact.
Reporting to the Head of Business Partnering and Learning, you will partner a Regional Operations Director and group of Area Managers to develop our business in several geographical areas. You will be regionally based, empowered to manage your own time and commitments, be expected to lead and deliver HR projects, and will partner seamlessly with senior stakeholders. You will work collaboratively with our team of HR Business Partners to achieve our People Plan and support our ambitious growth plans.
You will operate strategically across Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, Gloucestershire/Cotswolds, the Bristol area and along the M4 into South Wales. To facilitate travel, access to airports in Cardiff, Bristol, Dublin, Belfast or Birmingham would be helpful. A company car or equivalent allowance is available and a company credit card will be provided for business expenses.
We are looking for existing capabilities ranging from talent and succession management, growing leadership capability, supporting the transfer of teams that join us through acquisition and involvement in complex ER issues that require a more experienced hand. The majority of ER issues will be supported by our HR Advisory Service and you will play a part in more complex and high-risk cases. You will be at a distinct advantage if you have knowledge and experience of consulting with teams through mergers and acquisitions, TUPE transfers, closures and divestments.
Whilst we are not looking for experience from a specific sector, your exposure to a Healthcare / Retail / Hospitality / Consumer-led environment would be highly beneficial. Your expectation and familiarity with the pace and agility required to operate successfully alongside senior leaders, will fit well with our culture and ways of working. Lastly, experience of Irish employment legislation would be an advantage, but is not a requirement.
So let’s provide a little context.
Over the past 24 months, Oasis has embraced significant growth in both acquisitions and revenue terms.We were recently acquired by Bupa and have formed Bupa Dental UK – it’s an exciting time and we are not slowing down. Due to internal progression we are searching for a new business partner to join our highly-respected and established HR team; to support our People Strategy which is aligned with our clinical and commercial plans. It will be a guiding aim of the HRBP to support their Regional Director to grow manager capability and leadership skills in line with the Bupa values (find out more here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeNRki4LYao) .
Being successful in this role:
- We get things done in the right way.We areoutcome focussedand have a company culture where we all play an active role, no matter our seniority. So seeking and acceptingaccountabilityfor outcomes goes without saying.
- Significant HR experience andcommercialapproach in a relatable industry, as you need to know the business and have a point of view about how the business can grow. It is therefore key to understand the wider industry and external context.
- You will be confident to work with the Regional Directors, Executive Team and leaders across the business and you will be able to strike the right balance ofopendialogue with political savvy.
- Invests in relationships and relationship skills. Beopenandauthentic. Coaching and mentoring experience will also be key.
- Be extraordinary,integrate into multiple and complex teams, seeks to beinspiringand communicate both frequently and powerfully.
- Be courageousand take appropriates risks. Change management experience is paramount to initiating and sustaining change, using data to make powerful decisions.
- We want someone who cancollaborateand who is ready to team up with other departments.
Other helpful points:
- Whilst our Support Centre is based in Bristol, you will be located from a home-base, within the geographical patch, covering meetings with senior stakeholders and some visits to your practice portfolio. You will meet the rest of the team on a monthly basis in Bristol. Your role may require a larger amounts of travel in some weeks and less in others, so you need to be okay with travelling, be flexible and be able to spend nights away from home.
- This is an influential role and we have a great remuneration package on offer. We will discuss pay and benefits with you in person.
- You don’t need to have dentistry experience. However, your experience does need to be deeply rooted in a relatable and fast paced industry like healthcare or retail.
- It is desirable that you are CIPD qualified with a degree or equivalent experience.
- A previous role as HR Business Partner is also desirable, along with experience of managing HR projects.