3Shape is in a strong position to lead the transformation of the industry to digital technology. 3Shape develops and sells 3D scanners and CAD/CAM software for the dental industry and has been called ‘Google of our industry’.
The company has seen high growth for the past many years and is investing in building a global infrastructure to continue the high growth. The UK office was established in 2017 in Reading, a hub for innovative and influential companies within pharmaceuticals, IT and high-end medtech companies. Our extraordinary UK team consists of four young energetic 3Shape specialists and is now looking to expand the team with a training and application specialist.
You will be referring directly to the country manager, UK and will have a dotted line into the global 3Shape Academy. The Global Academy consists of training and application specialists for our different products in many parts of the world, with whom you will be able to knowledge share with and also develop your dental system training skills through.
About the position
The need for developing and cultivating our service and support organisation is growing accordingly. We see this position as an important operational link to build up a closer partnership with our accounts supporting them in training activities that will drive their success in sales along with ensuring a best in class service to our customers and end users.
What are we looking for?
Apart from being tech savvy it is all about personality and mind-set and enjoying training other people to become masters of our products. In line with our values, we believe in empowering our people, hence you will work with self-driven colleagues with a ‘can do’ attitude, that enjoy managing the variety of tasks and that take responsibility of whatever is required in any situation to ensure customer satisfaction. We are looking for a colleague that easily can do the same.
Your responsibility is to provide training, consultancy, and guidance to 3Shape distributors and customers nationwide, facilitating the understanding and usage of the 3Shape systems through classroom, webinars, and remote training initiatives. This means that you should be enthusiastic about travelling nationally and sometimes abroad when needed for bigger shows and conferences.
You will develop training courses and material, FAQs, and other learning content relating to the usage of 3Shape products. You will play an important role in obtaining and conveying feedback and input from the market to 3Shape research and development as well as to the sales and marketing functions.
- Preferably you have a dental background, eg as a dental technician or equivalent with advanced understanding of CAD/CAM. You have work experience which has given you extensive knowledge and insight in the digital work and needs of the labs, including digital lab techniques using 3D scanners, dental systems and perhaps milling machines/3D printers
- Alternatively, you may have experience in providing training of complex technical solutions
- Generally, you have a natural appetite for new technologies and should you bring experience with 3Shape solutions that would be ideal
- You have a strong sense of responsibility and want to make a difference for the customer. You are committed to ensure that the daily use of 3Shape’s high-tech scanners and software systems is successful for our customers. Using your communication skills, you are able to build up professional relations built on trust and respect. You thrive with detailed and creative tasks such as developing training materials and documentation as a subject matter expert
- You are a strong communicator and possess the ability to make even complex topics sound simple. You are positive, with a constructive and highly service-minded attitude. You display empathy and have good intercultural skills
- Full UK driver’s license is required.
We look forward to receiving your application together with your cover letter.