The second John McLean Honorary Symposium has been organised in order to increase the funding of The John McLean Fellowship.
This was formed in May 2010 to only fund academic and clinical research in honour of John McLean for his contribution to dentistry.
During his lifetime, John achieved international renown as a highly regarded dental practitioner, scientist, author and keynote lecturer.
His work was underpinned by a passion for science and astute insight of trends in dentistry and it is without doubt that his contribution to his fields of special interest and expertise in dentistry cannot be underestimated.
The theme of this year’s meeting is Dental Health: Cradle to Grave and will be held in the new seminar suite at Castle View Dental in Windsor on Friday 4 May.
The suite can seat a maximum of 55 delegates so early booking is advised to avoid disappointment.
• Edwina Kidd, who will present her talk Caries Control, Cradle to Grave
• Jim Page, who will discuss Dental Health: Conception to Adolescence
• Cheryl Butz who will discuss The Teenage Patient
• Ian Needleman, who will provide a talk on Teeth & Gums for Life: an appropriate expectation
• Tim Watson who will talk about Developments in Sticking and Healing Teeth
• Mike Wise who will provide some thoughts and techniques on Porcelain Veneers for Aesthetics and Health
• John Besford, who will provide his discussion Sans Teeth
• David Winkler, who will discuss Ethics in Aesthetics.
The goal is to raise a minimum of £15,000 for the McLean Fellowship.
A minimum donation of £300 to the John McLean Fellowship is suggested to secure your place for this event.
Your donation will help promote and nurture student research in dental materials and enhance the opportunities available to those beginning their career in this important aspect of dentistry.
100% of the proceeds will go directly to The John McLean Fellowship.
Please contact David at [email protected] for the giftaid form to fill out and forward your check or credit card information to King’s College.
The venue for the event is Castle View Dental, 1 Farm Yard, Windsor SL4 1QL and will be held on Friday 4 May 2012, 9.00am-5.00pm.