Daniel Davis became the owner of J&S Davis Limited on 1 May, having purchased the business from Plandent Ltd.
From the early 1950s it was run by Daniel’s father John Davis. In 1991 it was sold to the Planmeca Group in Finland when John retired.
Since 1908, J&S Davis has marketed many ideas which went on to become industry standards such as disposable needles and impression trays (Solo) dentine bonding materials (Kuraray), turbine hand-pieces (Sandri), combination autoclave (Nitram), resin cements(Panavia) and engine driven rotary endodontic systems (Micro-Mega). This tradition continues with its recent launch of Sylc therapeutic powder.
Daniel, who has been in the business since 1982, is immediate past president of the British Dental Health Foundation and is actively involved with the British Dental Trade Association.
He is ‘delighted to have the business back in the family, and looks forward to leading a great team.’