Almost 40,000 dental care professionals (DCPs) come to the end of their first five year cycle of continuing professional development (CPD) and the General Dental Council needs them to log their hours.
CPD is a legal requirement and on the 31 July 2013 dental care professionals must have completed 150 hours of CPD.
• 14,831 (37%) DCPs have logged more than the minimum hours (including 50 verifiable)
• 4,423 (11%) DCPs have logged no hours
• Dental technicians are currently the least likely to have logged their hours – 22% having not yet declared any. (GDC database 18 December 2012)
CPD records must be kept for five years after the end of the cycle in which they were completed, as registrants may be selected for audit.
If you have fallen behind in your cycle and need CPD hours FAST, FMC has the solution!
• Back copy CPD Dentistry for dental care professionals
• Purchase 1,3 or 5 back copies of CPD journal and you can solve all your CPD worries
• Each journal covers all the 5 core subjects and offers 10 verifiable hours in each issue.
1 back copy; £99
3 back copies: £267
5 back copies: £371
Simply call 0800371652 to speak to a CPD Account manager, receive the journals to your address, read the articles in the journals, visit www.mycpdzone.co.uk to complete the CPD questions and print your certificates.