Dentistry is one of the most successful businesses to start in the UK, according to a recent survey.
After 2014 broke records with 581,173 new businesses starting up, Vonage looked into how many businesses were still running, creating a heatmap to show the results.
The survey also found the most successful industries for startup success, with dentistry coming in fourth on the list.
Most successful startup industries (UK-wide, 2014)
- Nursing homes (91.4% success)
- Road freight services (90.9% success)
- GP services (90.1% success)
- Dentistry (90.0% success)
- Engineering design activities (89.7% success).
Least successful startup industries (UK-wide, 2014)
- External building cleaning (77.9% survival)
- Film production (78.2% survival)
- Recruitment agency (78.3% survival)
- Sports activities (78.9% survival)
- Art and design (79.3% survival).
You can access the heatmap by visiting www.vonage.co.uk/blog/startup-success.