On the back of the huge success of its People of Prevention (POP) campaign, Oral Health is launching the POP Awards.
The POP Awards want to find the people within the dental profession who epitomise the passion for prevention that Oral Health’s POP campaign is based on.
Therefore, the whole dental team in the UK and Ireland can get involved: dental hygienists, dental therapists, dental nurses or dentists who have gone above and beyond the regular duty of care in the practice can either be nominated or nominate themselves.
Entry is free and easy; simply explain how you or a colleague epitomises passion for prevention, education and patient care. For example, have you gone the extra mile over regular duty of care? Have you set up a special programme within your practice? Have you gone into a school or nursery and provided oral health education?
If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions, then you should enter the POP Awards!
Essentially, the POP Awards are all about praising you, so entries should demonstrate the hard work and drive that you (or someone else) have shown.
In your 500-word entry, consider:
- Any innovative ideas you’ve implemented in practice (ie, oral health education, patient care protocols, drop-in sessions)
- Activities beyond the dental chair (ie, charity/fundraising activities in the practice, or outreach programmes in the local community)
- Achievements in your career to date
- Any other marketing information and testimonials.
The winner, who will be announced in the September/October issue of Oral Health, will receive two tickets to an FMC awards ceremony of their choice, and a free subscription to an FMC title.
On top of that, they will receive a goody bag, courtesy of POP Awards partners Colgate, GSK, Oral-B and Philips.
The closing date for entries is 30 June 2017.
So, what are you waiting for? It’s time to get the recognition you deserve – enter the POP Awards today!
The People of Prevention (POP) Awards are free – and simple – to enter. Nominate yourself or a colleague!
Simply submit around 500 words based on the following:
• Explain how or why you are different to others
• Show where you go beyond the regular duty of care
• Demonstrate hard work and drive
• Tell the judges of anything outstanding you have done or been involved in
• Explain any hurdles you have overcome
• Provide evidence of excellent patient care
• Show how you connect with the local community
• Give evidence of any charity projects you have been involved with
• Relevant testimonials
• Supporting evidence and pictures are welcome!
Once you’re happy with your entry, submit it via Dropbox, email [email protected] or upload it to a USB stick and post it to POP Awards, FMC, Hertford House, Farm Close, Shenley, Hertfordshire WD7 9AB.
Closing deadline for submissions is 30 June 2017.