Implantguideprint introduces its course on guided implant surgery.
Guided implant surgery is changing the way implant dentistry is conducted. At its best it can allow much more accurate and consistent placement of implants, even if you are very experienced. This has many obvious benefits, including the possibility to do flapless procedures, which offers significant advantage to the patient.
However, not all guided surgery is the same and neither is it always appropriate. There are many systems available, often specific to an implant manufacturer, and many ways to use them.
At Implantguideprint (IGP) we aim to help you understand what works best where and when with many different types of guide. You can’t afford to ignore guided surgery, but an understanding will allow you to offer your patients the best possible treatment every time. By offering many types of guide with multiple software and implant manufacturers we can maximise your choice and give the best assistance.
Guided surgery need not be expensive, with guides starting from £80* it becomes affordable for all cases (www.implantguideprint.co.uk).
At IGP we would like to share our knowledge and help you to get to grips with guided surgery and to this end we are organising practical courses. Our next one-day course is on Friday the 29 June in Bristol and titled: Plan to placement – a SMOP training course with a live patient in association with Implantguideprint and Dentale.
Three dimensional implant planning and the use of surgical template solutions have become an indispensable part of modern comprehensive implant treatment. The course describes the different options of a full digital workflow and discusses relevant indications and advantages on the basis of scientific data. The lecture gives a future outlook on upcoming innovations and a summary of the cost-benefit ratio and possible strategies for the practitioner. This course features practical content and a clinical case and is delivered by a highly experienced implant surgeon with many years experience of guided surgery, Florian Schober, who is also a global expert in SMOP.
Who is this course for?
For the implant dental surgeon, looking to utilise guided and digital surgery within their implant practice or to improve their knowledge of the subject.
What does the course cover?
This course covers aspects of guided implant surgery and digital planning using SMOP.
Who are the course tutors?
Florian C Schober:
- Pioneer and expert in digital dentistry, 3D implant planning and template-guided implant placement
- Accomplished and internationally renowned lecturer and trainer in the field of 3D radiology, implant planning and template-guided implant placement
- Responsibility in numerous projects of process optimisation, especially in the field of dental radiology, implant placement and dental education since 1999
- Master degree in industrial engineering from Technische Universität Berlin Germany with scholarships at Luiss Rome, Italy and Hochschule St Gallen, Switzerland
- Senior teacher and researcher at the department of fixed and removable prosthodontics and dental material sciences at the University of Zurich in Switzerland (Head: Professor Dr Christoph Hämmerle)
- President of the board of Swissmeda AG
- Member of the board of Digital Dental Life AG (Dental Campus).
- Jason will present a patient case analysis, allowing the delegates to plan, the patient will then be present for the live surgery with a pre-printed guide
- Jason has been using guided surgery for many years alongside conventional implant surgery.
What are the course aims and objectives?
The aims and objectives of the course are to show how the use of guided surgery can improve accuracy and outcomes in implant dentistry. To learn the basic principles of guided surgery, the terms used and how to operate the SMOP planning software.
This course fulfils learning outcome C.
Taught by hands-on tuition in a clinical environment, under the supervision of a team of highly-trained professional tutors, Dentale’s courses are run in accordance with the GDC guidelines.
To book or to find out more visit www.dentaletraining.co.uk/portfolio/custom/#plan-to-placement.