...with one small change for 2013 – entry has gone digital
The team behind Dentistry are delighted to announce that the 2013 Dentistry Awards are now open for your entries!
Due to the increasing number of entries being submitted year on year we have developed the entry system to accommodate larger numbers for what looks set to be the biggest award ceremony to date. The online entry system has now been launched on www.dentistry.co.uk/awards. The new system offers an easier, faster and fairer way of submitting your entries.
How to enter
1. Choose the categories you wish to enter; you can see full category descriptions at www.dentistry.co.uk/awards.
2. Entry costs £60 + VAT per category, you may enter as many as you like.
3. Call Karen Sherwood on 01923 851743 to pre-register your entry before the 26 July, all we will need at this point are your contact details and category choices.
4. Your full entry can be submitted online before the overall closing date of 6 September 2013.
5. Each category is split into subsections so the judges are able to mark each entry fairly on a set criteria.
6. Don’t worry, we still want to see your unique supporting evidence. The evidence upload section allows you to add whatever material you think will support your statements, e.g. testimonials, images, practice photos. Be as creative as you like.
7. Please note these are UK regional awards; please remember to select a region.
8. Once submitted, sit back, relax and let the judges do the rest. Once the judging day has taken place the shortlist will be announced in our September issue of Dentistry – so keep your eye out! If you don’t receive Dentistry, subscribe today!
The awards ceremony will take place at the quirky art deco Athena, Leicester. The perfect venue for the lively, glamorous occasion that is the Dentistry Awards. Tickets will go on sale once the shortlist is announced. If you would like to purchase tickets for large parties, call well in advance to secure your place.
End the year on a high
Do you have what it takes to be crowned the best in your region? Winning or being shortlisted for an award can be a powerful marketing tool, on top of showcasing your successes and attracting patients naturally.
If you are shortlisted or a winning candidate, you will receive high exposure in Dentistry and on www.dentistry.co.uk.
The 2013 categories
The Dentistry Awards are UK regional awards. The judges will select a winner from each of the below regions;
• North West
• North East
• South West & Wales
• South East
• Northern Ireland
Why is your practice the best in the area? Think about the following points carefully;
- Patient experience and community involvement
- Quality assurance
Provide supporting evidence such as patient testimonials and facility images.
Best Young Dentist
Help us understand why you deserve to be seen as the best young dentist in your region. Please note this category is open for dentists aged 35 and under.
Think about the following areas;
- Professional advancement
- Charity/community involvement
Think about the following points;
- Practice training/team development and outcomes
- Self development and outcomes
- Community/charity projects
Supporting evidence might include team photos or staff testimonials.
Most Outstanding Team Member (NEW)
This new category reflects the growing importance of every team member, from practice manager to associate dentist – this category is open for all.
Discuss in as many words as you feel appropriate. Think about the following but please do not consider these essential.
• Demonstration of foundation or training skills
• Inventions and innovations
• Community or charity work
Marketing Strategy (NEW)
Marketing is crucial for any practice in these modern times. Think about the following areas:
• Successful campaigns
• Social media
• The results
• Website and digital
Supporting evidence might include screen shots of your website, photographs of print materials or social media following.
Call 01923 851743 today to pre-register your entry, or if you encounter any technical difficulties. Visit www.dentistry.co.uk/awards to submit your entry online.